My Time in Connecticut

Saturday, July 3, 2010

On Monday and Tuesday of this week, I attended a two-day seminar in Connecticut, hosted by my friend Z, and taught by another friend, world-renowned body painter Pashur. It was absolutely amazing.

We spent two full days learning technique and design from Pashur, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., eating great food provided by (and some of it cooked by) Z, devouring carrot cake and fudge made by one of our classmates, and generally having a good time. In the evenings, we just painted as the mood struck, watched each other paint, tried out each others' supplies, and got some great critiques.

Every time I do something like this, my painting improves, so I can't wait until Sunday when I'm painting at Ho-Ho-Kus' tree lighting to see how this experience has affected me.

The first day's class was themed in designs inspired by insects and flowers, and this is some of my work:

Bergen County, Chanukah, Christmas, Connecticut, face painter, face painting, flowers, hannukah, holiday, holly, insects, New Jersey, NJ, penguin, rudolph, seminar, training, tree lighting, tribal

I love this drop-shadow technique too! My spiders will never be the same.




During the jam that night, I tried a couple things, just to get Pashur's critiques. They were invaluable, but this is what I did:





The second day of class was all about holiday designs, and in addition to an AMAZING and scary Jack Frost design I hope to use this Sunday, and some great ornament and snowflake ideas, I picked up the CUTEST Rudolph and penguin that I absolutely KNOW I'll be using!


Plus, during the jam, I knocked this out, loosely based on a holly butterfly Pashur showed us:



No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts